Saturday, March 09, 2019

Update: An Opportunity to Teach

The classes have gone pretty well. I've rediscovered the trainer in me. Perhaps that is why I have promised my participants one more, final session on the coming Thursday, March 14, 2019. That's when I'll be introducing them to some advanced concepts.

I'll talk at length about Reflection in .NET, and provide them with a sample program to demonstrate its use.

Finally, I'll talk about dynamism -- the ability to dynamically create, compile and execute programs at runtime. In layman terms, the ability to make your program write and run another program on the fly! I've decided to discuss this only because I know these trainees may well be expected to use the concepts in their project. And while I'd have loved to provide them samples, I've been told not to.

Of course, they need to learn, discover and implement some things for themselves. That's when they would really learn, enjoy developing, and gain from the experience.

If they really walk that path, and ever hit a dead-end, all they have to do is turn around, and they'll see me. And if they've really done their homework, I'll propel them around the wall as best as I can.

No comments: