Saturday, August 08, 2020

Why This Mad Rush

Was shocked by this incident:

The first incident was here in Mangalore old runway which was also table top runway. 

Landing commercial plane on such is challenging, specially during rains when the runway is wet and wind conditions are not favourable. But then if they don't land they cannot keep flying uncertainly. The only way would be to cancel all flights to such places during monsoons.


Everyone seems to be pushing their own agenda, but I strongly think people should use common sense instead of emotions to make their decisions. 

People say: we want to go back to India at any cost.

Politicians say: okay then come back at any cost and vote for us.

Flight operators say: we will bring you back at all costs.

But somewhere in between all this, common sense dies a miserable death. The cost of that has to be borne.


I'm not preaching some theoretical sermon that is impractical or impossible to follow... I've been sitting at home, mostly in one room in the house, since April 1 till today. I haven't met another living being other than my parents in these 4 months. So it is possible. I'm the last person who'd have thought of doing this. So if I can do it, then anyone can.

So I really cannot understand why are people so restless. Why do people find it so difficult to sit tight wherever they are for the time being until things clear up. What is this mad rush that makes them have to take some action right now?

No comments: